On one hand, there are no long-term tense planetary aspects forming in August, which is good news. Thus, the month could be pretty decent – both for relaxation and for planning work, organizational matters, and routine tasks – provided that the darkening influence of Lilith in Leo is avoided, which intensifies as the Sun travels through this zodiac sign. This means steering clear of negative Leonine traits: pride, offence, pretension, arrogance, and the pursuit of luxury.
However, this month is not suitable for starting new projects, major purchases, investments, or contracts due to the retrograde motion of the inner planets: Venus will move this way all month, and Mercury will join her from the 23rd. Any work initiated during this time will likely be challenging to develop; it may seem untimely or unprofitable, and negotiations will be more difficult.
Planetary positions in August
In August, fire and earth elements will prevail. The air element will be significantly lacking, and water will be minimal. So what does this mean?
Fire: Venus will be in Leo all month, moving retrograde until the 23rd. The Sun will also travel through Leo, unfortunately, its brilliance will be clouded by the nearby Lilith. Hence, the Leonine space this year is not favourable and can cause problems due to uncontrolled pride and egoism – avoid these traits if you don’t want to ruin relationships or prosperity. Luckily, Selena is also in the fire sign Aries, so it would be advisable to align more with Arian, not Leonine fire – i.e., simplicity, honesty.
Earth: Uranus will be in Taurus all month, Pluto in Capricorn, and Mercury in Virgo. The Sun and Mars will join Mercury in the last week, expressing the full earth trigon. This unusually strong emphasis on Virgo in August will counteract the influence of Leo, which is a good thing – the perspective to act from Virgo, not Leo positions. This large accumulation of planets in earth signs, especially in Virgo, will bring practicality, sobriety, and a focus on worldly matters. It is a favourable time for practical work, planning, mental work, organizing information, learning, business meetings, and health procedures.
Water: Saturn and Neptune are in Pisces, providing some balance to the ‘dryness’ of fire and earth.
Air: There will be no planets in the air element, but Mercury, the ruler of Virgo, being in its strong position in Virgo, will stimulate practical communication, searches for specific, practically applicable information, and concrete agreements. However, Mercury will start moving retrograde from the 23rd, which will slow down agreements, communication, new information searches, forcing to sort out documents and existing information.
August can be divided into two parts:
Part I. From 1 to 23 day – Leo Phase
The Sun and Venus will travel through Leo, but Mars and Mercury will be in Virgo. Thus, Leo is somewhat Virgo-like this year – concrete, practical, favourable not only for creativity but also for work, arranging matters, and learning. That’s what it’s best to do during this period – balance recreation with learning, introducing order in various areas of life, and planning work.
While the Sun is travelling through Leo near Lilith, avoid arrogance: this is definitely not the best time to present your activities or perform. Being humble at this time is better, so peaceful creativity without rushing to show off oneself is a good choice.
There is a higher risk of fires, so you should be more careful with fire and take care of your heart. Avoid arrogance when communicating, overspending when shopping, control your egoism – then this period will be quite decent and creative.
Venus, moving retrograde, will encourage reflection on relationships; “exes” may return or thoughts about them might resurface. This is not a very good time for weddings or new romantic encounters – existing relationships will be tested. Also, this is not a good time for big purchases, especially if they are driven by the desire for luxury.
From 14-18, the Moon will be old and less effective, not favourable for new work.
On the 16th at 21:32, a New Moon will form in Leo, highlighting themes of love, creativity, self-realization, and dignity. This is a good time to look back at them, dream, create future plans, clarify the relationship with them, resisting temptations – pride, self-love, maintaining love, calm, non-aggressive dignity.
Best days: 1,6, 7, 11, 13, 19, 20.
Worst days: 15, 16, 18, 22.
Part II. From 23 to 31 day – Virgo period
When the Sun moves into Virgo, the astrological background clears, the Virgo sign becomes especially strong, emphasized – the Sun, Mercury, and Mars are there. It’s time to dive into work, plan activities, create work schedules, get things organized at work, at home. On the same day, Mercury, turning retrograde, puts a halt to contacts and new information searches – so it’s time to sort out what we already have: notes, computer files, various documents. So this period is best for organizing information, sorting out the information you already have, not for new projects or contracts. Also, for healing, transitioning to a healthier lifestyle, preparing for a new academic year.
This period is more favorable for earth and water sign representatives.
Best days: 25, 26, 28, 30.
Worst days: 23, 24, 29, 31.
- For the first three weeks, the astrological background will be somewhat clouded due to the increased influence of Lilith because of her conjunction with the Sun and Venus.
- And in the last week, when this background clears up, new activities will be halted by the retrograde phase of Mercury. So, the month is not suitable for large investments, for starting new matters, jobs.
- The entire month of Venus retrograde phase turns to a review of relationships: old loved ones may return or memories of them. It’s a time to understand and purify your attitude towards love, beauty, well-being, maintaining core values, resisting resentments, and a tendency to drama.
- The month is not bad for rest, practical matters, good for learning, working with information, planning, tidying up at home and work, organizing information, and applying it to specific jobs, finding practical solutions, nurturing health, recreation.
- This month, karmically, it is safer to rely not on Leo’s qualities, but on those of Virgo: modesty, diligence, aiming to bring order to your life. Take care of your relationships, avoid pretentiousness, pride, and the pursuit of luxury.
- Be careful with fire, protect your heart and spine.
- From the 13th to the 18th of August, the Moon is ineffective – too old or too young for important work.
- New Moon will form on the 16th at 12:38. Its themes are love, creativity, self-realization, and dignity. A good time to focus on these themes, to dream, to create future plans, to clarify relationships with them, resisting temptations – pride, self-love, maintaining love, calm, unassuming dignity.
August promises to be a month of careful planning, reflection, and modesty in personal and professional life. It’s a good time to organize, learn, and prepare for the upcoming period while being cautious about starting new ventures or making significant investments. Emotional and relationship matters could resurface, making it an ideal time for introspection and personal growth.
However, the influence of Venus and Mercury retrogrades will make the time less suitable for new beginnings, important purchases, or signing contracts. Be wary of egocentrism and the pursuit of luxury.