2024 is the Year of Green Wooden Dragon
The Year of the Dragon is associated with Jupiter’s position in Taurus. Generally, the Dragon years are considered the best in the Chinese calendar. They are linked with financial success, expansion, and prosperity. Key traits for success include a sober approach, practicality, nurturing the Earth and nature, causing no harm to it, and the ability to care for earthly matters, as they too are an expression of the spirit, and peaceableness.
However, the strongest characteristics of the Dragon year will be felt until May 26, 2024, while Jupiter is in Taurus, after which it will move into Gemini, gradually unfolding the programs of the Year of the Snake.
Planetary Shifts and Their Impact in 2024
Uranus and Jupiter in Taurus
Uranus will remain in Taurus throughout the year, continuing changes in the financial system, transforming physical money into virtual, and reforming agriculture. Jupiter, traveling alongside Uranus until the end of May, encourages engagement in agriculture, even for those previously uninterested, bringing success to those who manage finances well, balance budgets, and care for Earth and its efficient resource utilization.
More about Jupiter in Taurus can be found here:
Neptune and Saturn in Pisces
Neptune will travel through Pisces all year, highlighting the importance of spirituality, compassion, and charity during this period of change. Saturn, moving alongside Neptune throughout the year will demand concrete expression of this compassion, imposing order in spiritual practices, teaching that spirituality is primarily about the strength of spirit, especially in difficult situations, and the ability to maintain your core and values.
More about Saturn in Pisces can be found here:
Pluto’s Transit from Capricorn to Aquarius
Pluto, the only one of the outer planets to change signs in 2024, will move from Capricorn to Aquarius. With this transition, humanity takes a significant step into the Aquarian age and begins to establish itself there.
- Pluto first entered Aquarius in the spring of 2023, around April-May.
- It will be in Aquarius again from January 21 to September 2, 2024.
- For the third and final time, it will enter Aquarius on November 19, 2024, and will remain in this sign for about 19 years, until March 2043.
Thus, essential activities and transformations (associated with Pluto) will occur in Aquarian domains.
This means that:
- Virtual space and artificial intelligence will become an integral and very important part of life, influencing all areas;
- information, new technologies, and scientific discoveries will become the main currency;
- teamwork will be especially important, alongside freedom and choice;
- community influence in society will increase, with people tending to form communities based on beliefs, lifestyle, and convictions, rather than nationality or other factors;
- cosmic space will open up (or be opened), bringing the understanding to us that we are not just Earthly beings but also cosmic ones.
Whether these changes will be harmonious or not depends on each of us. Will scientific discoveries and new technologies provide help and free up time for creativity, or will people become captives of it? These are complex questions that we all must address.
However, Aquarius also brings parallelism, opening up multiple possibilities simultaneously, the ability to choose based on needs, beliefs, and level of maturity. Therefore, it is not only a time of tests and a critical crossroads but also of opportunities.
Mind, thoughts, and willpower will affect reality much more than in the ‘old days’. I believe this is a crucial thing to understand.
Karmic Lessons of the Year
The North Node in Aries and the South Node in Libra will transit throughout the year. The North Node in Aries will continue to teach lessons of courage, honesty, simplicity, encouraging learning these traits, daring to take untrodden paths, and resolutely defending core values. The South Node in Libra will curb tendencies towards conformity and opportunism.
Temptations and Trials
With Lilith traveling in Virgo until June 29th, the greatest temptations and potential downfalls are related to manipulation, shirking duties, pettiness, excessive formalism, materialism, and selfishness. These should be avoided. During this time, fraudsters may become more active, and issues may arise in the medical and social care sectors.
With Lilith in Libra from June 29th, the greatest downfall would be conformity, opportunism, snobbery, elitism, and affected manners. These should be avoided. Legal issues may arise during this period.
Protection and Blessing
During the first half of the year, until June 15th, with Selena in Taurus, bright protection and blessings will accompany those who care for the Earth, nurture life, and create beauty. This is a good time to purify one’s relationship with prosperity and love, learning to realize them in a luminous way.
The second half of the year, from June 15th, with Selena in Gemini, sincere sharing of information, open communication, lightness, equitable relations with everyone, democracy, simple friendliness, openness to the world and people, and a desire to learn will provide bright protection and blessings. This is an excellent time to refine mental activity, learn analysis, work with information, and communicate.
The year 2024 distinctly splits into two parts. What are they?
First Half of the year – The Taurus Phase
The time until May 26th, when Jupiter travels through Taurus, is a powerful period for Taurus representatives and areas related to Taurus, marking their star hour, the time for the brightest, greatest, most meaningful work in this area, especially as Selena, or the White Moon, travels alongside.
This period is also a respite for Capricorn representatives after prolonged trials. It’s not bad for Cancers either. They can plan their most important yearly tasks during this time.
Taurus areas receive success, support, and protection: beauty services and products, applied arts, ecology, agriculture, construction, real estate (to some extent), finance, accounting, etc. It’s good to start activities related to these areas before the end of May. Also, to stabilize and harmonize the relationship with prosperity and love.
Second Half of the year – The Gemini Phase
From May 26th, Jupiter moves into Gemini. This significantly changes the period’s background. To achieve success (and Jupiter, the largest planet in the Solar System, is associated with success, expansion, and authority), one needs cleverness, quick reaction, and a sharp mind.
The element of air, not earth, becomes emphasized. This part of the year is more favorable for air and fire sign representatives, especially good for Geminis, who will also receive blessings from Selena, traveling alongside Jupiter.
It’s a good time for Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, a new start for Aquarius, for Libra – this period depends on the accumulated karma.
Gemini areas will become particularly important, and successful. They are related to information technology, IT, communication tools, information processing and dissemination, transportation, logistics, sciences, advertising, SEO, trade, and administration.
Main Changes of the Year
The main events of the year will form at the junction of March-April and September-October. In the spring, it’s important to listen to the incoming changes; in the autumn – to draw conclusions about past actions, make corrections, and let go of outdated things.
Favorable Periods of 2024
January, February, the first half of March, May, June – the first half of the year. July, a decent November – the second half of the year.
The second half of March-April (many transformations, changes, possible conflicts) – the first half of the year. September-October (obstacles, influence of the past), end of December – the second half of the year.
2024 Predictions for the Zodiac Signs
Aries. A year for building foundations, and expanding contacts.
Taurus. A year of success, expansion, new initiatives, and consolidating prosperity.
Gemini. A year of starts, innovations, and self-realization.
Cancer. A year for realizing dreams and accumulating inner strength.
Leo. A year of career challenges and collaboration.
Virgo. A year for travel, expanding worldviews, and testing.
Libra. A year of limitations, challenges, and the need to expand worldviews.
Scorpio. A year of new acquaintances, partnerships, and business beginnings.
Sagittarius. A year of rising in ranks, and successful partnership.
Capricorn. Light at the end of the tunnel, opportunities for requalification, and new income sources.
Aquarius. A year of power arrival, the beginning of essential transformation, and creativity.
Pisces. A year of self-discipline, learning, introspection, and family matters.
- The first half of the year is very dynamic, bringing many changes, and these changes will be tested and solidified in the second half.
- The first quarter of the year (until May 26th) is more favorable for earth and water signs; it’s a good time for them to plan their most important tasks.
- From May 26th, it’s best for fire and air signs; then they should plan their most important tasks.
- The best months for everyone: January, February, the first half of March, May, June, July, a decent November.
- The most challenging months for everyone: the second half of March-April, September-October, end of December.
- The first five months of the year are the best for Taurus, good for Cancer, and Capricorn.
- The best time for Gemini, good for Aries, and Leo is from June.
- For Aquarius, this year marks the beginning of a powerful transformation. Success hinges on the ability to master intense transformative energies.
- For Libra, the year unfolds as a time of limitation and the crystallization of karmic consequences, with the latter half being particularly challenging.
- This year demands a sober perspective, the ability to be open to new information, and the skill to timely accept, assess, and utilize it.
- In the first half of the year, it’s crucial to nurture the Earth and life itself, while the second half calls for learning new things, communicating, working with information, and embracing innovations.
- The second half of the year emphasizes the importance of learning, the ability to communicate effectively, and the courage to venture into new areas, backed by proper analysis.
Throughout the year, the focus should be on harmonizing spirituality with material matters, aligning the voice of the heart with the mind, balancing internal work with external activities, and seeking efficient solutions instead of dwelling in the past.